|Management continues to be faced with constant challenges to increase productivity, decrease costs and deliver excellent quality for the business to remain viable. What is lacking in most organizations is the Authentic Leadership required to engage employees in the process to achieve the desired results. What's not commonly understood is that technical solutions will rarely solve social problems and through Authentic Leadership, Executives and Managers are able to discern the difference. With this understanding leaders are able to implement changes that allow their organizations to become more adaptive to thrive in current and future conditions.
In boom economies, itís about retaining and hiring personnel in a thin, fiercely competitive labor pool. In some regions of North America, the competition is against cheaper foreign labor, feedstock and other resources. For others, itís how to create infrastructures and systems on the fly as new companies are developed.
Since 1990, FOCUS Management Development continues to help companies build TRUST by doing the right things, the right way and engaging people to achieve extraordinary, sustainable results. Our credibility comes from our experience of successfully living through the changes we promote and having the ability to recreate the right environment in our clients' workplaces.
We have studied and applied what works in the real world and we work with organizations to develop the key Authentic Leadership competencies that we know will inspire the ultimate organization. While most organizations manage change through traditional control strategies, many are finding this to be ineffective in today's conditions and is actually causing harm. We promote an Authentic Leadership approach that treats people as people and builds mutual relationships, trust and respect.
We have found the most cost effective and efficient approach to achieve results with our clients is a combination of facilitated needs assessment and instruction followed by Mentor-Coaching to develop the skills within the organization. This approach allows us to educate employees in the concepts and then apply coaching to ensure the concepts are applied correctly. Once the organization is sustaining the concepts and achieving results internally, we withdraw and remain available to assist if required.
What are key competencies of Authentic Leadership?
- Building trustworthy personal and business relationships that inspires positive change in the way people interact with others.
- Building an agile organization that makes effective decisions, at all levels, and takes appropriate action to deliver results.
Improving Work Flow
- Eliminating low value work and making value-added work more effective, producing 25-50% efficiency gains, while minimizing cost.
- Developing an inquisitive, thinking,
learning work culture capable of producing breakthrough and incremental
improvements that create and sustain an organization's competitive
Reducing Employee Turnover
- Creating the staff you want. Productive staff that feels valued and wants to stay with your organization.
Integrating Cultural and Work Elements
- Inspiring creativity and productivity, where employees have fun solving problems, creating value and serving customers.
Advancing the Game
- Addressing any of the above issues will bring relief to a pressing issue, however full out engagement comes from Authentic Leadership integrating all these aspects together, from a systems perspective.